Saturday, June 15, 2019

L'art brut

Jean Dubuffet
14 x 11 inches, oil on canvas, 2019
For a week I visited my old home town which is Columbus, Ohio. Besides visiting family and friends, the Columbus Museum of Art, a trip to Used Kids records was high on the to-do list. I went three times. It's not that you can't buy any record on line these days, there's something about a mortar and brick record store, especially one with a selection like Used Kids. Don't get me wrong, I like Joe's Record exchange, and I like Joe, but the difference between Columbus and Fort Myers is day and night. Which ones of the ten that I selected should I buy? I left behind records that I would've bought in a heartbeat had I seen them at Joe's: One of three Moondogs, one of three John Cages, and a double record of the Art Brut artist Jean Dubuffet who I admire. At $27 I left it behind, the track, that through Ubuweb.com was already in the top 100 (La Fleur de barbe) was not even on this record.

No comments:

Post a Comment