Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Top 100 2009

In 1983 when I was eighteen, I compiled a list of ten songs I had enjoyed listening to in the previous days. That list was to have a major impact on my life. Ever since February 23, 1983 I have been compiling a top 10 list every couple of days–I've made over 2,000 by now. At the end of a year's worth of list making the top 10s compile into a Top 100 and the process starts anew. The very first top 10 I make in a given year is usually a top 10 from the music of last year's Top 100. As soon as a Top 100 ends I play the whole list so this becomes my first musical event in the New Year. I've recently finished the Top 100 2009. Here's the top 10 for it:
  1. Tsjuder - Blasphemy
  2. Trelldom - Sonar Dreyri
  3. Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
  4. Time and Temperature - Havana
  5. Alela Diane - White as Diamonds
  6. Burzum - Dunkelkeit
  7. Anonymous (Laos) - Pamahei
  8. Karen Dalton - Sweet Substitute
  9. Jolie Holland - Goodbye California
  10. Sir Douglas Quintet - She's About a Mover

No comments:

Post a Comment