Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Beth Orton

Beth Orton
12" x 12"
oil on masonite, 2013
The third and final entry from the Sugaring Season LP, and the third and final Beth Orton song in the Top 100 2012 as well. And it's a silly painting. Once it was a decent back yard painting, but that's nothing new in these series, then it became a Bob Marley portrait playing soccer. A very awkward Bob Marley painting it was, and I added, like in the photo I used, Jimi Hendrix to the scene. The result was only slightly less awkward and I set it aside. Today I recycled it again and superimposed Beth Orton onto the scene while blocking out all that was left of Bob Marley, and now it is finished, and part of the Top 100 2012 series. As in an earlier Beth Orton painting I used the cover of Sugaring Season for the Beth Orton portrait and it is now forever attached as illustration to the song Candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment