- Le Tigre – Who Put the Bomp? is a DVD of live concerts by Le Tigre. I saw Le Tigre perform many years ago in Columbus, OH. The lovely DVD made me also play my Bikini Kill records again. Timeless!
- Andrew Graham/The Alwood Sisters/El Jesus de Magico/Ugly Stick —Music from Columbus, Ohio given to me by their respective performers. The CDs accompanied me on my long drive back from Ohio to Florida.
- The focus and core of my collection has been historical field recordings of indigenous people from around the world. The last new item I found are recordings from 1930s expeditions to the Belgian Congo. On it: some very old recordings of pygmy music, the oldest I have.
- The site Bodega Pop is forwarding the most exciting music at a very high pace. I predict 10%. Outstanding examples so far: Maxima Mejia from Mexico and the Japanese punk/jazz band Midori.
- Talking about Mexico. The local thrift stores seem to have an incessant supply of Mexican records, I’ll buy ‘em all (it seems like it, but not really).
- Exploring a friend’s CD cabinet led me the the music of The Moldy Peaches and the solo work of their female half Kimya Dawson.
I just wonder how much of the celebrities will spill over into the Top 100.
14" x 12"
oil on canvas, 2012