Monday, June 15, 2015

Vision of Disorder

Vision of Disorder
30" x 40", oil on canvas, 2015
As a teenager my favorite music genres were punk and hard rock. When I was in my twenties the two styles fused into what came to be known as hardcore in America. Perfect you would think, yet I was the least bit interested. My favorite hard rock bands were all British: Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Led Zeppelin. When in the eighties hard rock (now known as metal) started to speed up with American bands like Slayer and Metallica I had lost interest. By that time I had taken an interest in the history of popular music and listened to music that came before punk and hard rock. Blues, folk, garage rock (the list kept expanding in years to come). By now all music is fair game for me and in that context I occasionally check out the latest trends in metal, in punk, and fusions of heavy music. As I stated in my previous post (painting of Minor Threat) I'm not that crazy about most of the metal music that has been produced since the 1980s. This holds true too for the band Vision of Disorder, despite a remix (by The Tyrant) of their song Slapped with an X in this top 100. The painting of them, larger than usual, is the most macho I've ever made.

1 comment:

  1. please offer a night class soon at ALLIANCE of the ARTs in FORT MYERS
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete