Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Phương Dung

Phương Dung
24" x 20" 
oil on canvas, 2012
If I were to include index tags to my posts, the name "Bodega Pop" would have topped the list in recent months. The latest singer to go straight from the Bodega Pop site to mine is the Vietnamese star of the 60s and 70s Phương Dung. Gary Sullivan, who writes Bodega Pop, had this to say about the singer: "Phương Dung's career began in 1959 when she was just 12; the next year she recorded her first album. By the time she was 21 she had recorded more than 300 records and was, until the mid-70s, one of the most popular singers in Vietnam". I've never met met Gary Sullivan but something tells me that we would get along great.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, it's Gary Sullivan. Your paintings are really fabulous.

    Write to me when you have a moment:

    garypsullivan [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete