16 x 12 inches, oil on canvas paper, 2017
16 x 12 inches, oil on canvas, 2017
The full top 10 of ethnomusicologists:
- Hugh Tracey (1903-1977, South Africa). Ethnomusicologist, founder of ILAM
- Alan Lomax (1915-2002, US). Ethnomusicologist, directer of Archive of American Folk Song.
- Bela Bartok (1881-1945, Hungary). Composer, ethnomusicologist (one of its founders)
- Charles Duvelle (French). Composer and musicologist, founder of Ocora (1958)
- Paul Bowles (1910-1999, US). Composer, associated with Morocco
- Pat Conte (US). Musician, collector, founder of The Secret Museum of Mankind
- Alain Danielou (1907- 1994, France). Historian (of India) and musicologist. UNESCO
- Deben Bhachattera (1921-2001, India). Ethnomusicologist, UNESCO
- John Storm Roberts (1936-2009, UK/US). Ethnomusicologist, co-founder of Original Music
- Joe Bussard (b. 1936, US). Record collector, founder of Fonotone
- John Jacob Niles (1892-1980, US). Composer, singer, collector, the "Dean of American Balladeers"
- Sam Phillips (1923-2003, US). Record producer, founder of Sun Records
- Jon Ward runs the blog Excavated Shellac.