Saturday, May 13, 2017

CocoRosie

CocoRosie (Sierra and Bianca Casady)
Oil on canvas paper, 16 x 12 inches, 2017
The sisters Sierra and Bianca Casady started CocoRosie in Paris, France, in 2003, when they were both living there. Sierra and Bianca were nicknamed Coco and Rosie by their mother, hence the name for the group that initially only consisted of the two sisters. The two of them made tape recordings in their bathroom that later became their first album La maison de mon rêve. A number of tracks from this album had been on my iTunes for about a decade but somehow they never made the list of the top 100 until the song Terrible Angels randomly started playing on my computer the other day. It was my friend Wim, way back when, who suggested I listen to CocoRosie, stating he liked them much better than Cat Power (who I was listening to a lot then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment